Monday, January 16, 2012

Blogging in a New Year

My New Year's resolution is to start blogging more! Hard to believe considering my pathetic track record. On Mondays I'll post recipes. Thursdays will be devoted to all the pet lovers out there with blogs about my dog, Ginger. I hope you'll stop by.

For this Monday, I'm starting off with a dessert recipe I served at my book club recently. The ladies were kind enough to ask for the recipe, so I think you'll enjoy it!


Lemon Freeze Pie

Crust:
¾ cup cornflake crumbs
2 Tbsp. sugar
¼ cup melted butter or margarine

Combine in an 8 inch pie pan. Remove 1 Tbsp. of crumb mixture and reserve. Firmly press on bottom and sides of pan.

Filling:
2 eggs, separated
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon peel
1 can sweetened, condensed milk
3 Tbsp. sugar

Beat egg yolks until thick. Add lemon juice and peel. Beat well. Add condensed milk and stir until thickened. In a second bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Add sugar gradually while beating. Fold egg whites into lemon mixture. Pour into pie pan and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze at least 3 hours before serving.

Enjoy!



No comments: