Monday, February 6, 2012

Perfect Valentine's Day Salad

Avocado and Hearts of Palm Salad

2 lettuce leaves (Bibb, Butter, or Romaine)
1 ripe avocado
½  14 oz. can hearts of palm drained and sliced ¼ inch thick

1 Tbsp. lime juice (1/2 a lime)
¼ tsp. minced, peeled fresh gingerroot
¼ tsp. sugar
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 ½ Tbsp. canola oil

1 tsp. sesame seeds

Line two plates with lettuce leaves. Halve avocado and cut into ¼ inch thick slices. Arrange slices on lettuce, overlapping. Top with hearts of palm. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, gingerroot, sugar, and cayenne. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until dressing is well combined. Drizzle over salads and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serves 2

This is a tasty, pretty salad, perfect for Valentine’s Day! It’s one of my husband’s favorites.

Today, I'm also visiting with Amber Leigh Williams, talking about my all time favorite romance novel. Please stop by The Cozy Page to chat.

5 comments:

Kat Henry Doran Author said...

Jannine,
the salad sounds wonderful--and lo cal, soemthing I need to remember. LOVE the cover art for Nothing But Trouble!!!
Kathy

Jannine Gallant said...

Lo cal is key, I agree, Kathy. If sexy sells, Nothing but Trouble should set me up for life! It is an amazing cover.

Regina Duke said...

I am totally impressed with the culinary expertise of some of my writer friends! Love your book covers! :-)

Jannine Gallant said...

I don't know about expertise, but I've always liked to cook!

Mariposa Cruz said...

Sounds delicious, what a great dish for Valentines Day!